These days it has become quite easy to make an online portal on your own with all the free-of-charge web page themes that are obtainable on the web along with cost-free web platforms that are appropriate even for novices. Thus, plenty of new websites are being launched every day, including blogs - where the moderator can discuss a variety of topics that cross his minds, and online galleries - where everyone can post photos and the history behind them on the Internet. These websites must be hosted somewhere and one prudent web hosting option is a VPS Plans.
What is a VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and it behaves like a dedicated hosting server as far as administration is concerned since you receive complete root-level access with an option to restart the VPS distantly. The VPS shares resources with other private virtual hosting servers that are hosted on the same physical machine. This is reflected in the quite modest price, which is several times cheaper than that of a dedicated server and is in fact more similar to shared web hosting packages in terms of pricing.
Sorts of VPS
Just like any other hosting variety, Virtual Servers may differ depending on various features, but the OS is perhaps the most evident difference. Here we have the two most essential types:
- Windows VPS - a virtual private hosting server system running Windows that will allow applications which require Windows to operate properly to be activated on the private virtual hosting server.
- Linux VPS - a virtual private web server hosting system running Linux is the more famous type that you can discover on the web because it is more affordable to create and maintain and therefore it is more wanted.
VPS servers are also quite sought after by resellers and you can find 2 modes of reselling a VPS:
- VPS reseller - the reseller purchases a private virtual web hosting server and starts offering shared web hosting plans that are hosted on the virtual hosting server. It is similar to the conventional reseller hosting plans, but here the reseller obtains complete root-level access and can revise the server's configuration.
- VPS reseller - the reseller actually buys whole VPS plans to sell them to the customers instead of offering shared web hosting plans on one single virtual private hosting server. It is deemed more lucrative but also requests more introductory investments to purchase the private virtual web server.
Just like any other web hosting type, VPS packages regularly involve a LAMP software platform. LAMP denotes Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP and determines 3 more private virtual server types:
- VPS with the Apache web server - the Apache web server software is quite popular and was the first to reach the one hundred million website mark back in 2009, so it is naturally popular with private virtual hosting servers too.
- VPS with MySQL - MySQL is also a famous database management system utilized with lots of web applications and thus frequently wanted on a VPS.
- VPS with PHP - PHP is a scripting language preferred by web developers, thus it is popular with different web hosting solutions, including virtual web server hosting ones.
|1 CPU Core||1 CPU Core||2 CPU Cores||4 CPU Cores||8 CPU Cores|
|1 GB RAM||2 GB RAM||4 GB RAM||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|20 GB Storage||40 GB Storage||80 GB Storage||160 GB Storage||320 GB Storage|
|$6.00 / month||
$ 6.00 /mo*|
$ 9.00 /mo*|
|$38.00 / month||$77.00 / month|
* valid for the first 12 month(s)
* valid for the first 12 month(s)